In Control Room
AgWay Server application, is a tool in control room computer for monitoring and managing material flow. Operators in control room can observe position and status of the material. The data for AGVs, trucks, forklifts, pallets and logistic elements are available live, on a graphical user interface.
AgWay Server sends missions to vehicles based on three different management strategies. Depending on the material flow design,
– A vehicle may carry a single material type from a single pickup point to a single delivery point over solid routes.
– A vehicle may carry multiple types of material with multiple pickup points to multiple delivery point over solid routes.
– A vehicle may carry multiple types of material with multiple pickup points to multiple delivery point over dynamic routes (Routes are dedicated to vehicles according to traffic management logic)
Each of the three cases above, is designed as a Plug-in on AgWay Server application. Customer/Vehicle producer can customize the code inside each Plug-in (C# Language) and re-add it to Server application.
Program table is a tool on Server application in control room for assigning missions to vehicles (A mission can be sent to Server application using different methods, refer to Data Exchange System for more information).
Once a mission is reached to the Server application, it is queued. Queued missions will be assigned based on the following parameters on Program Table:
– Vehicle Type: Which vehicle is able to carry which material.
– Vehicle Status: Like battery charge and alarms.
– Current Position of a vehicle, comparing to other vehicles
– Traffic Status: Status of traffic lights, door blockage and route bans
Each of the cases above, is designed as a Plug-in to Server application. Customer/Vehicle producer can customize the code inside each Plug-in (C# Language) and re-add it to Server application.
Tracking Moving Objects
Once AgWay Transmitters installed in the plant, real-time position is available for all receiver modules in the environment. Just attach an AgWay Receiver to trucks, forklifts, pallets etc., and the position & history of the movement will be available on the Server application.
For sharing the position/status data to other interfaces please refer to Data Exchange System.
Since the real-time position is available for many moving objects in the plant, AgWay Server can be programmed to
– Send alerts to drivers of logistic trucks and forklifts.
– Distribute vehicle traffics over all available routes in the plant.
Dynamic Interaction Service
Operators in control-room can
– Block/Allow routes. In consequence, AgWay Server will direct vehicle traffic to other directions. This operation can be extended to Client application, so that, people in field accessing a Tablet, can Block/Allow routes for vehicles remotely.
– Add/Remove missions to/from vehicles through the graphical user interface. This operation can be extended to Client application, so that, people in field accessing a Tablet, can modify programs of vehicles remotely.
Mission Targeting Service
Using the targeting service
– operator in control room can instantly define missions to vehicles on the graphic user interface.
– A vehicle can also redirect mission to another vehicle at certain moments.
– Any authorized mobile phone or tablet can define missions using general text provider Apps.